When a Hurricane is getting closer to the State of Florida, everyone is busy gathering emergency supplies and making sure their homes are secure. Even though your backyard play area may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of emergency preparedness, items in your back yard can also cause damage if not properly secured. Below you will find tips to keep your Rainbow Play System, Springfree Trampoline and Goalrilla Basketball Hoop as stable as possible and minimize potential damage. Our favorite place to get the most up to date information on Hurricanes is Mike’s Weather Page on Facebook.
Rainbow Play Systems Playsets, Swingsets & Swing Sets
- Rainbow’s heavy-duty vinyl canopies/roofs offer protection from the sun and rain and are designed to be removed for easy cleaning. In high-wind situations, we recommend removing your tarp by simply un-snapping your canopy from your Playset and store in a safe place.
- Remove your Swings and store in a safe place.
- Remove any accessories such as a Springfree Basketball Hoop, Ladder and/or Tgoma holder and store in a safe place.
- Unhook the bottom portion of the rods (that hold your net up in the air) from the frame and lower the Flexinet and lay the net on top of the trampoline mat.
- Cover the mat with a tarp and use straps to secure the net and rods in place on top of the mat.
- If possible, slide your trampoline to area that is covered and/or shielded from winds.
- If you have Springfree ground anchors, use them to old the frame in place. If you do not have anchors, place sandbags along the bottom of the frame.
- If you have a large tree nearby, you can chain the trampoline frame to the tree.
Goalrilla Basketball Hoops
- Using the crank on the back of your hoop, lower the backboard down to its lowest setting of 7.6′
After the Hurricane
If you feel you have sustained any damage to your Rainbow Play System, Springfree Trampoline or Goalrilla Basketball Hoop, call us and we can assist your family in getting your backyard play items ready for year round play again.