Happy Anniversary on the purchase of your Playset!
- Come to the Playground King Store and buy a can of Redwood Stain & a Staining Mitten.
- Remove the tarp (if applicable), slide and swings.
- If needed, mix 50/50 solution of bleach and water in a garden sprayer. Spray the entire playset with this solution from the top to the bottom, inside and out of the playset.
- Let it sit for about 15-45 minutes.
- Rinse the playset thoroughly. Start from the top of the playset and work your way down, inside and out. Using a pressure washer may give the best results (2000 PSI or less), stay at least 6” – 12” away so you do not cause harm to the wood. Alternatively, you may use a hose to rinse the playset.
- Let the playset dry for about 20 minutes in the sun, or more as needed.
- While the playset is drying, tighten all the hardware everywhere on the playset; don’t forget the top of the swing beam! Do a safety-check on the playset.
- Sand down any areas that need attention, if applicable.
- Using your mitten, stain the playset by hand top to bottom, inside & out.
- The whole process varies depending on which playset you have, count on about 4-6 hours.
- Keep children off the playset until completely dry, up to 24-48 hours.
- Standard Tune-Up Service: Starts at $99 (varies by playset)
Consists of Playground King coming to your yard, tightening all the hardware on the playset, completes a safety check and a warranty review.
- Deluxe Tune-Up with Clean & Stain Service: Starts at $150+ (varies by playset)
Consists of everything that is included in the Regular Tune Up, again, we tighten all the hardware, complete a safety check and a warranty review, we clean the playset with a cleaning solution, AND we “Re-Stain” the entire Playset!Call us today at (813) 875-5500 to schedule your Tune-Up!